Learning Theory Matrix

Image of Kayla Cooper's Learning Theory Matrix

This weeks activity required me to not only learn what a matrix was but to refresh up on blogging. It has been quite a while since I have blogged. While I was creating this matrix I used the resources that Dr. Gaston recommended. I also found this website helpful when I was researching connectivism. ( https://www.learning-theories.com/connectivism-siemens-downes.html )

While I was creating this matrix, I was finding examples of technology that could be used in my classroom as a fourth grade teacher. Each app and website that I mentioned is something that I have implemented in my classroom or plan on implementing. Also, while I was creating this matrix I found it a little difficult to put a description into one sentence for each theory. I feel as it takes a little more than one sentence to describe the theory.

All in all, I enjoyed creating this matrix and found it very useful for my classroom now.



Link to matrix: Kayla Cooper's Learning Theory Matrix

Comments

  1. This assignment this week as well helped me to refresh on blogging, it also helped me to remember how I can implement these theories into my classroom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am thrilled to see that someone else used Blogger. I would love to know how you uploaded your matrix to the blog. It took me hours and mine still didn't load as I wish it would have. Did you upload it as a photo or a link?

    I also made a similar discovery when I was researching examples of technology. I use many different outlets and apps throughout the day whether it is in my classroom or in grad school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually was not able to do it as a link. I had to upload it as a photo. I couldn't figure out the link.

      Delete
  3. Hey Kayla,
    I love your blog. I can tell you worked hard on it and your matrix. I have never heard nearpod. I have to check that out! Class blogging would definitely be a great way to use technology in your classroom. Thank you for sharing and good luck to you this semester!
    Brooke Drinkard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kayla,
    Like you, I also had to learn what a matrix is and how to create one. In addition, it as been many years since I've blogged, I believe it was actually for another technology course in undergrad. Either way, creating the matrix turned out to be easier than I thought and yours is awesome. I love how you color coded the learning theories and the information that went along with them. Your matrix is very similar to mines. However, some of the examples of technology you listed I've never used in my classroom. They seem like really great activities to enhance each learning theory. I will definitely be trying them in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kayla,
    Nice Matrix. I especially like the color coding for simplicity.
    I think you did well fitting the definitions into a simple sentence and I agree it was a little difficult to do that part.

    Jaime Koppersmith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kayla!

    I love your matrix. I can tell you put much time into making it. I have yet to figure out how to put an image onto wordpress, The layout of your blog looks more user friendly as well. The resources you provided were great, being how realistic they are. Great read.

    Jessica Porter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Edm 510 Video

My Web Research